Currently Transition Technologies finalizes the stage of intense software development tasks related to the Storage Management System (SMS) R&D plans execution. The new Release 10 of SMS is being developed, offering a number of new features, as well as the enhancements of functionalities already available in previous releases.
The Storage Management System package is a consistent but modular and highly configurable solution for technical and commercial support for underground gas storage operators. It covers complete workflows required for operations on the storages, starting from acquisition and control of process data on the gas storage plants, and finishing with commercial operations on storage users nominations and storage capacities management. With this approach SMS integrates technical and commercial activities into a single management center.
In February 2013 we plan to complete the tasks related to the deployment of two completely new modules of SMS. They include:
- Organizer - The functionalities of Organizer module allow a documented communication between Dispatchers and other SMS users via the system of notes and tasks organized and prioritized by users.
- Documentation Repository - A complete database of documents related to SMS system operation, organized according to user’s preferences can be maintained by the utilization of Documentation Repository functionalities.
The next significant element of the development tasks is the implementation of enhanced users management functionalities. The advanced methods of users management and authentication are being implemented in order to improve the overall level of system’s security.
Moreover, the SMS modules will be embedded in the new interface platform (GLS) constituting the consistent and user-friendly graphical user environment providing the access to all functionalities offered by SMS.
During the next weeks of Quarter 1, 2013 the development tasks related to following functionalities will be finalized:
- Additional types of contracts divided into commercial and technical services
- Additional methods of calculation for Operator Balancing Account (OBA)
- Enhancement of audit functionalities – monitoring of SMS users activities
The first productive implementation of new release of SMS system is planned in Quarter 2, 2013.